Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Thankful, Part One

Ok, ok, ok. So I've been inspired by the posts and newspaper articles I've been reading, and I decided that perhaps it's time to put up my list of the "Things I am Thankful For In 2005/Best of 2005". So, in no particular order, here it goes friends!

My nephew, Luke: Luke turned 1 this last November and I have been so thankful for having him in my life. I am lucky and get to see him at least once every week (it's usually 2-3 times a week) and he brings the biggest smile to my face. He is such an entertaining little guy and most of our conversations include him saying "na-na", "ba-ba", and "da-da"... among other incoherent phrases.

The Boy: We met on October 1st, and we're still going strong. He has changed my life for the bettter since meeting him and I couldn't have asked for a better guy! He treats me like a prince and keeps me active in my old age... and he's just like me, which is scary sometimes, but a good scary.

New York City: I ventured to the Big Apple for the very first time this last year in August with my friend Missy. It was hotter than heck, but I still loved every minute of it! Highlights include buying hotdogs from Habib in Central Park and seeing the musical "Avenue Q" and seeing the puppet sex... believe me, once you see puppets having sex and the puppeteers making sex noises, you've seen everything.

Rachel Time: This consisted of watching Project Runway and hating Wendy Pepper AND watching Dancing With The Stars and hating Kelly Monaco whilst stuffing our faces with Chipotle, LeAnn Chin, the Ho, or Subway... oh, and occassionally compairing our stomach blubber and doing clay facial masks.

Easter 2005: I went to Kansas with my mom to visit my grandma, aunt and uncle. I have never spent Easter with my mom's family before and so I am thankful for that opportunity. Plus the Easter Bunny in Kansas puts cash in the eggs... I made out with $25! Woo!

Las Vegas: I went here in December with the Boy. It was our first out of state trip with each other. We were forced to spend every moment together (except for when I was hungover all day that Saturday), and we never got sick of each other...

Bertachel: This new fashion label was created this last year by Rachel and I. It's our future clothing line, which will be all the rage in a few years once we get it going. Our dream, our baby.

This is all so far folks, I'll try and think of some more later while I'm on the elliptical machine...

1 comment:

Rachel Irene said...

Hopefully, in 2006 I won't have any tummy blubber to reflect upon! *sigh* those were some good times... Hehehe tummy blubber...