Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Kind of Town

Well, apparently I’m not one of the cool kids who got to go on a cruise, but I at least got to go to Chicago this weekend. So THERE!

It was a rather unpleasant two and a half days, which I’d rather not get into on this post or else it’ll just angry up the blood again. Let’s just say rude and ungrateful people suck.

Matty and I got to at least spend a little less than a day on our own in Chicago, so once we left the beast behind, we made our way to our hotel to check in. We got into our room and were finally able to shower and change clothes after having stewed in our own filth for two days. We were so rank that you could actually see the stink lines coming off our bodies.

Once we were all dolled up and ready to show Chicago’s gay boys how to work it, we went to dinner and then headed to the bars. It was pretty dead at most of the watering holes, but it was a Sunday night, so I wasn’t expecting anything huge… but I still had a blast. We went to Cocktail, Roscoe’s, Side Track, and Hydrate. Matty got drunk, which is always fun because then he tells me a lot of nice flattering things, which a boy like me likes to hear every once in a while. There was also a late night stop at Walgreen’s on Halsted. Late night Walgreen’s shopping sprees are always fun when you’re drunk!

Overall it was a rather pleasant way to forget all of the chaos and bitterness involved in the move. Plus it reminded me why I want to move to Chicago and just how much I’m in love with Matty.

1 comment:

Rachel Irene said...

Rude and ungrateful people do suck!

I hope that Matty-Poo tells you nice flattering things even when he's not drunk. (I'm sure he does.)

What did you get at Walgreen's? That store is so baffling... it seems like it just has a bunch of useless cheap junk. So, I'm curious as to what one buys there.