Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Boy on the Verge


I'm being whiny about my job today. This isn't a rare occurrence, but I flew off the handle this morning 5 minutes after I sat down at my desk because the company I work for is an evil corporation. So, here are "10 Reason Why I Hate My Job".

In no particular order...

[Imagine me shaking my fist angrily and shouting "ROTTEN!!!"]

10. I am the only person in the entire company that does what I do... the work load gets a little overwhelming... a LOT.

9. Total lack of communication between management and the "underdogs"... a.k.a. ME.

8. Stupid Aramark jacked up the prices in the vending machines AGAIN! I'm not going to pay $1.25 for a Dr. Pepper people!

7. Damn boxelder bugs... we have some sort of infestation here and they feel the need to do kamikaze dives into my face. Just die off already!

6. Second shift workers... in the words of Karen Walker, "Lordy, Lordy... look at all the freaks."

5. Coverage... when my sister is out, they make me cover for her and do her job... this puts me very far behind in my own work, and they wonder why we aren't getting paid by our customers!

4. Building maintenance... shoveling? What's that?! De-icing the sidewalks? No way Jose!!! We like to see the employees biff it on their way in and out of the building!

3. Pay... my pay sucks. I should be making substantially more that what I am making now... "He earns minor duckets at a thankless job".

2. No Year-End Bonus... we get nothing... no "thank you", no "good work", no money... nothing! I got a little jealous this year because all of my friends received bonuses ranging from $200-$1000...

1. People telling me to do things that aren't a part of my job... this is a regular occurrence and I must continuously remind my "slow" co-workers that it's not my job or problem to deal with.

There you have it... I'll try and stop whining now...

1 comment:

Rachel Irene said...

Well, lot's of people don't get end of the year bonuses. My dad who works for 3M doesn't get a cent! If you are truly misearble, maybe it's time you thought about leaving.