Monday, January 02, 2006

R.I.P. iPod

Today is a sad, sad day for me. My beloved iPod, which has been in my possession for a mere 5 months, has died.

I had it connected to my computer and it was being updated by iTunes and being charged. At the same time my mom and I were installing a new light fixture in the bathroom, so she switched off the electricity to the whole house instead of just the bathroom, and it surged my iPod and completely fried it. I just now discovered it has passed on, and I'm super pissed... there's $325 I'll never see again!

R.I.P. My iPod that I bought in New York City at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square. August 6th, 2005-January 2nd, 2006.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the saddest story I have heard in a long time... I don't know if life can go on as we know it with out the beloved iPod...

May it rest in peace eternally....

Rachel Irene said...

maybe there's a warantee on it. You should check it out. How sad! It got the death in the electric chair... dock.

Al said...

TOTALLY check out a warranty on that sucker.

My iPod would send your iPod a sympathy card if it could, but its battery is a little wacked out and it re-boots now everytime I plug it into the wall.

But then again, mine's really old. I got it a few years ago. Maybe I can send it to live in the geriatric ward with Rachel?

Hoho, that was a good one! Zing!