Monday, November 06, 2006

News Flash

Do any of you out there in Blogger Land remember the good old days of PBS children's programming? If I could, I would watch Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers still. I used to watch those shows well into college when I would be home "sick", and nowadays with all the insanity of the relentless political ads on TV, it's enough to make you miss "News Flash with Kermit The Frog".

I always felt so much better after watching these shows. "News Flash" was always one of my favorite Sesame Street skits. The little morse code noise urgently beeping, "Kermit Theee Frog here" interviewing Peter Piper about his pickles, Sleeping Beauty, and my personal favorite, Don Music:


I used to laugh my head off every time he would bang his head on the piano keys because he couldn't think of the right words for his song he was composing.

So friends, let's take a few moments to remember those good ol' days of PBS when we didn't care about politics and only cared about whether or not Snuffalupagus would be making an appearance on Sesame Street.

1 comment:

Rachel Irene said...

I liked when they had the "behind-the-scenes" of the trolly that takes you to the land of make believe. Who knew it wasn't real, and it was actually controlled by the hand of Mr. Rogers? 5 year old me surely didn't... at least not until they showed it. Yet, it still didn't spoil any of the magic... *sigh*