Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Feels Like Home

The Boy and I got to talking about Chicago last night while making dinner at his apartment, and we’ve come to the conclusion that we both want to move there. Chicago is a beautiful and bustling metropolis filled with excitement, entertainment galore, and good people. We’d fit in perfectly and it is a good possibility that at this time next year, we’ll be living there.

Though we talked about a lot of different topics, our talk last night was one of those talks that made me stop and realize just how important the Boy is in my life and how happy he makes me. There are some things in life that you are so unsure about, but when something or someone comes along in life that makes you smile all day thinking about them, or makes you want to climb to the top of the highest mountain and preach your love for them to the world – that’s just wonderful.

I don’t think I have ever felt so sure of anything for quite some time. I’ve come a long way since graduating from college, and the Boy has helped me through a lot since we started dating. I’m sure you’re probably getting sick of me gushing about him, but just know this – for those of you who know me, the Boy has made me the happiest I’ve been in a long time and he’s gone above and beyond all of my expectations. I just hope I’m doing the same for him.

So I’ll close this post with a quote from the genius musings of one Miss Carrie Bradshaw from the final episode of “Sex and the City”:

“…I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic; those that are old and familiar; those that bring up lots of questions; those that bring you somewhere unexpected; those that bring you far from where you started; and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you, you love - well, that's just fabulous.”

1 comment:

Rachel Irene said...

It is just fabulous. I'm so very happy for you and "the Boy". "The Boy" is a very wonderful guy, and he's very lucky to have you. I'm sure if he had a blog, he would post his love for you as well. What an exciting time in your life! Feel proud. :-)