Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Aaaand cue Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye...

Another Christmas has come and gone! I finally got into the spirit of the season on Christmas morning when I saw all of our stockings had been filled to the brim by “Santa”. I felt like a little kid again because I couldn’t wait to see what I got… and then I was tortured by having to wait all day to get to open my gifts. I got a lot of great things this year, and as usual, my mom was in tune with her children’s wants and needs for presents. So, I’m giving props to my mom for another fabulous Christmas!

I enjoyed Christmas immensely this year, as we did it in a little bit different form at my mom’s. Normally we have a nice brunch in the morning with the whole family and open our presents and stockings; however, none of my siblings could make it over to the matriarch’s abode until Christmas afternoon - so we still had the extended family over for brunch, and then it was just my mom and her 4 kids, 1 grandkid, my sister’s husband, my brother’s fiancĂ©e, and a partridge in a pear tree for Christmas afternoon.

The siblings arrived around 3pm, and we opened presents and stockings and ate some food. We laughed and enjoyed each other’s company… it was just a nice intimate setting and you could feel the love circulating about the room. I felt like Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera Ellen should be popping up in our living room singing “White Christmas”. Overall, it was a nice thing to have that day, and it made me realize just how much I love and appreciate the family I have.

So, here’s a belated Merry Christmas to everyone – I hope your holiday was everything you hoped for!

No comments: