Thursday, August 17, 2006

Reality Round-Up

So You Think You Can Dance (henceforth known as SYTYCD) had their season finale last night, so if you haven't watched it yet and don't want to know who wins, READ NO FURTHER!!!

Ok, now that that's done, I can say that I was kind of surprised to see that Benji won and not hottie potatie Travis; however, they are both phenomenal dancers and I absolutely loved their hip-hop "Nerd Dance"...
*Travis on top (I wish) & Benji on bottom*


I mean, just look at how cute they are together! I want to take them home with me and keep them forever!

And the group performance last week to Sexy Back rocked my pants off, and I agree that Travis stole that performance... he had my attention the second he turned the corner and strutted down the stage... SIDEBAR: I'm upset that "Sexy Back" won't be available on iTunes until September 12th... I love that song and hope that they won't over play it on the radio so I get sick of it by the time I can buy it...

Lastly on the topic of SYTYCD, I was NOT PLEASED with how they abruptly got rid of Heidi and Donyelle after their solos... that was way harsh. They should have waited until the end to give them the boot. If I were those two, I don't know if I could have handled dancing the rest of the show.

Moving on to Project Runway...

The challenge last night took them to seedy Newark, New Jersey, America's Landfill and Arm Pit, to a recycling center where they had 30 minutes to collect recycled items to make an outfit of their choice. And in keeping with the show's normal theme, they had to be innovative and make the outfit in about 10 hours.

It was a fairly interesting challenge - making trash pretty. And not just any trash, but Newark, New Jersey's trash... a HUGE undertaking! I was thinking the only materials they would have to choose from would be crack pipes, dog feces, and used gym socks; but alas, I was wrong and they chose from various paper, plastic, and mylar remnants. Most of the designers did a good job, but then there were some who just didn't get it.

Michael won the challenge, and rightly so:


His presentation was gorgeous, and the execution was flawless. "Captain Save-A-Ho" is so going to make it to Fashion Week.

Allison was Auf'd for lame reasons:


So she was a little off this week! Who cares?! She has produced some of the most gorgeous pieces on that show, AND they have kept designers, like Kayne for example, because though he was a little off one week, they knew what he could do. Why not extend that same courtesy to Allison?! Get rid of Vincent! Who cares if he cashed in his 401K to do this show?! Go back to the insane asylum, Vinnie!

Laura is also becoming quite the little frigid bitch! First she gets on Kayne's back about his "choices" regarding his pieces on the show, and then she digs into Vincent back stage after Allison gets the boot! Instead of consoling Allison and making her feel better, she's yelling at Vincent about how his dress didn't move and it basically sucked big donkey balls. It was quite the juicy drama!

That's all she wrote for now! If and when I do another round-up post, it'll more than likely just be about Project Runway since that's the only reality show that's on right now that I watch...

No comments: