Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Moving Accomplishments

I'm back from my long weekend. It was very restful and I spent a majority of my time off getting the last of my things moved up to the apartment. I can happily say that our apartment is finally in order and organized! It feels really good to be able to say that after having lived in complete chaos the last two weeks.

One of my biggest accomplishments of the long weekend was getting the laundry room organized. It's so pretty in there now that I could just sit and stare at it for hours and revel in my fabulous organizational skills. Most people would probably look at it and think, "Wow, he's a wee bit anal retentive...", but I don't care because I get my rocks off on doing that sort of stuff and the laundry room was by far one of the biggest challenges I had to tackle after moving in. That and teaching Matthew how to fold towels the right way (i.e. MY way... hehehe), but we're still working on that one...

On a completely different note, my second biggest accomplishment of the weekend was going to Valleyfair with Matt and walking around with my sister and 6 of her youth from her soon-to-be-former-church's youth group. I decided I'm really too old and fragile to cram myself into one of the seats on the "Corkscrew" rollercoaster and survive a minute of sheer torture on one of the roughest rollercoaters in the midwest. The antique cars are always a good time, even though I had to put all of my weight on the gas pedal just to get the car to move, while the 6 year old girl in the car ahead of mine was driving with the greatest of ease, having no issues pushing her gas pedal down. That and spending $7.53 on a medium soda and a small fry, which I seriously think came with about ten fries, is a little ridiculous. I still had fun, but my goodness, my body hurt at the end of the day.

So those were two of my biggest accomplishments from the long weekend. I feel like I deserve a medal or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have to show me the correct way to fold a towel. Oh and you are VERY anal retentive!!