Friday, February 03, 2006

Buca

I ventured to Matt’s homestead in O-Town again last night. We went down for the Owatonna Gun Club’s annual roast beef dinner. The food was pretty good and Matt’s dad paid for our tickets, so I couldn’t complain too much. It was everything I could have imagined – small town gun club, small town people, with home cooking. It was quite a nice break from the city for a few hours.

I also got to meet Matt’s newest pride and joy – his 2 week old nephew, Christian. Christian is a little peanut of a baby with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He is quite a sight to see; however, I have to remain loyal to my Lukie… he’s still the cutest little man that I know! But Christian is certainly right up there.

Matt held his “Buca” most of the night and got his “Christian fix”. Matt was so sweet with Christian. He held him in his arms and his hands gently cradled his head. I had never seen Matt hold a baby before, and to be quite honest – it was one of the cutest and most touching things I’ve seen. For those of you who don’t know Matt, he’s very tall, so seeing this tall guy holding a tiny little seven pound infant was adorable.

For someone who said he doesn’t want children, he does a great job of handling one.

No comments: