Friday, March 24, 2006

Catch-up...

It has been well over a month since I've posted anything on here... I think it's been a combination of sheer laziness and lack of something interesting to write about. So much has (NOT) happened in the last month! Where to begin?

The last time we met... hmmm, that was... whew! February 15th! I'm a little behind the times I guess... well nothing major happened in those last two weeks in February, so we'll just move on to March...

-March 5th: The Oscars have been mulled over and over, so I won't give my fashion critiques, other than to say Reese looked gorgeous and I'm happy she won the Oscar.

-March 11th: Matt's family took a trip up to the Big City and we all went out to dinner at Buca's for his mom's 50th birthday. It was excellent and the wait for a table wasn't bad, minus the 800 times my front side got plastered against the fake Roman pillar in front of the "bread baking observation area" in the packed-so-tight-it-was-a-fire-hazard waiting room, while Juan Cucaracha (or whatever his name was) kept opening the oven, exposing my face to the flames of hell... *gasp* ... while my back side was being violated by unknown strangers passing by. And I'm pretty sure my face was dripping with sweat, which probably got onto some of the bread Mr. Cucaracha was making... but that's ok because it adds more flavor.

March 17th: St. Patrick's Day. Matt and I took this day off for fun, and we were both sauced by 9am. Ok, I lied, we weren't sauced at all that day, but we did go to the bar downtown for a while.

That, friends, brings us to today, March 24th. Tonight I am going bowling at Sunray with Rachel, Cathy, and Matt. Bring the cameras, kids! I haven't been bowling since college; however, I do have the bowling form down pat where the one leg sweeps majestically behind the other. That, I can do... the ball, on the other hand, doesn't have such perfect form and usually ends up in the gutter. I have an innate fear that I'll be "that guy" whose bowling ball slips off his fingers while he swings his arm back to throw the ball down the alley, and then gasps in horror with his hands covering his mouth in shock like he just won the Miss America pageant, while the ball flies back and hits someone in the face... I think its cosmic bowling tonight though, so at least it will be dark, and no one will witness my dainty bowling skills.

2 comments:

Rachel Irene said...

At least you can look like you're bowling. I have problems doing all the steps consecutively without stopping.

So I: Walk up.
Stop.
Throw the ball.
Stop.
Wait for it to go in the gutter.
Convince myself that next time I'll get a strike.
Cry when my final score is a 45.

But it's going to be so much fun! I can't wait!

Roberto said...

LOL... oh, Twin, this will be such a fun night! It will be filled with lots of hijinx and hilarity... it'll be one for the history books!